Welcome to Maryland!

Hello, and greetings from Huntingtown, Maryland! Our new home for the next 2.5 years or so. We have lived here for 17 days. And things are already in full swing! The house is pretty much put together, aside from a few boxes and such. The girls started school immediately, and have already made some wonderful friends! We have had multiple play dates, met some sweet new friends, and Evelynn has joined Girl Scouts! The girls have taken to their new home with such ease and grace; I could learn a thing or two from them.

For me, the move has been an exciting and scary change. As I have stated before, I have lived in California for my entire life. This move was not expected and came quickly. Well, the news of the move came quickly, but I had a long 9 months to worry, think and ignore the fact that we were moving. The first week was full of so much excitement! My sister flew out with us, so we had fun checking out all of the sites with Auntie Bre! Finding our new grocery store, getting acquainted with our town, exploring all the back roads. It was so much fun; it felt like a vacation! And then, my sister left, and things settled down. We fell into a much needed and appreciated routine of school, baths, meals, and Kris going to work every day. It finally started to feel like home.

As I expected, the honeymoon phase ended, and the sadness set in. I knew I would feel homesick. I was a homesick child, constantly. So I knew it would come eventually. It is the little things I am missing. Being tackled by my nephew Jackson, watching my kids play in my parents backyard, going out to dinner with my Mom. I miss girls nights with my besties. I miss the warm weather. I miss my family.

Aside from all the sadness, I am still excited to be here. I know that God has put our family here for a reason. I don't know what that reason is, but we usually don't know, do we? I have trusted God through every celebration and trial that I have faced. When I was diagnosed with cancer, I knew I was safely resting in God's hands. When Dan passed, I knew that my sweet Husband was in Heaven. I was always so confident that my life was not my own; it belonged to Him. And I have been trying to remind myself of that during the sad times, the homesick times. What I do know is that I have an amazing Fiancé and little girls with me every single day. I have the best family that is always just a FaceTime call away. And I have a village of friends back in California that continue to reach out to me and lift me up. I am so blessed!

A few things I am so excited for in Maryland? Summer. I can't wait for humid and warm evenings spent on the patio. I am excited to explore the bay and nearby beaches. I want to try blue crab. I can't wait to visit with our east coast family as much as possible. And I can't wait to play hostess to all of my family and friends who can make it for a visit!








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surviving the Recovery

Vacations, and babies, and houses... OH MY!!!

28... NOW WHAT?!?